Monday, October 13, 2014

Recovery Donuts

Contrary to popular belief, Wednesday Donuts is not my only interest. I ski, kayak, mountain bike, and hike. I also ride a motorcycle. On Sunday, I did my first track day with my Ducati. Track days are awesome, in that you can practice your riding skills while away from many of the dangers of riding a motorcycle on the road. And it’s amazingly fun. Bombing down the front straight at 100+mph makes you feel like a superhero, no joke. Unfortunately, it’s not completely risk free… so, of course a moment of inattentiveness (and edge-of-the-track target fixation) and I binned the Ducati coming out of the chicane. Luckily, both I and the bike were relatively unscathed. Unluckily, my one injury is a pretty serious clavicle fracture. I’ll be hunkering down in the safety of Wednesday Donuts, recovering, for the next 6-8 weeks. Feel free to join me tomorrow, 10 am in LAP S185.
-MLJ  


PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Ambi Henschen and Becky Schneider. As far as I know, neither girl has ever crashed a motorcycle, but I won’t hold that against them. They’re still generous, and pretty cool. Thanks, ladies!

No comments: