Monday, October 13, 2014

A Donut Mystery

A week or so ago, something interesting happened. I got mail in my mailbox. While that in itself was pretty great (and rare), the mail itself was even better. In an envelope labelled Wednesday Donuts, I found an anonymous note. The note said:
“Ben was pushing Patrick Henry to use the phrase “give me Liberty or give me donuts” but it didn’t pass the marketing test. He’d be proud to sponsor the Wednesday Liberty Donuts”
Clipped to the note was a month’s worth of sponsorship, in the form of a crisp $100 bill.
To say that it made my day would be a major understatement. There’s nothing I like better than an anonymous (and mysterious) gift. I’m still smiling at the charm of it all. I hope the mystery is never solved.
So, thanks, Ben Franklin. You’ve really made me smile.
Wednesday Donuts, 10am, LAP S185.

-MLJ

No comments: