Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How to Write a Donut Email

Donut Enthusiasts,

During the time I’ve been writing these emails, a lot of people have asked me how I come up with my ideas. I have usually said that they just come to me when it’s time to write, but that’s not entirely true. I’ve decided to come clean about my process…

So, without further introduction, here is how I write my weekly donut emails:

First, I get out my copy of La Mia Vita di Corrispondenza Pomodoro by Ettore Boiardi and find an unmarked page. Then, I translate from the Italian and transcribe the letter into an email. In every case where Boiardi uses the word “tomato”, I replace with “donut”. I sign MLJ at the bottom, and click send. Finally, I mark the page with the date, put a copy on the donutemails.blogspot.com blog, and replace the book on the shelf. Done for the week!

So, there you have my secret method for writing a hilarious email. If you guys don’t mind that none of the ideas are original, I’m happy to continue.

Now, don’t forget to come have a donut with us this morning…

-MLJ

No comments: