Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Donut FAQ

As Donut Coordinator, I get a lot of questions regarding Wednesday Donuts, and the Donut Emails. Here are some answers to the most common questions I get.

1. I may be naïve, but one might think that an advanced graduate student would have more important things to do than spend time writing donut emails and emails about how he comes up with ideas for donut emails.
-Actually, I don’t spend that much time writing these emails. I usually come up with the idea while doing my morning farm chores, and the writing only takes about ten minutes a week. Time well spent, considering the positive feedback I’ve received.

2. Where do people get donuts, how many do they get, do they have to cut up the donuts?
-People generally go to JC Market, but you can get donuts at any grocery store.
-We aim for 3 dozen, but one time, we had seven dozen. Another time, Dann Cutter supplied three dozen donuts, plus fruit, scones, and muffins. Oh, what a day that was…
-We have specially trained donut slicing experts to cut up the donuts, so the buyer is usually off the hook.

3. When/Where?
-Donuts takes place in the Donut Lounge (next door to the mailroom) on Wednesdays @10:00.

-MLJ

No comments: