Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Swedish Donuts

So, it’s time to fire up the gas fireplace in the donut lounge, gather around it, and enjoy some fellowship and fried pastry: DONUT WEDNESDAYS ARE BACK!!! As this is the first donut email of the year, I’ll be lazy and just recap my holiday vacation to Sweden for you. We ate a lot of food, and hung out with family while drinking Danish beer (which is superior to Swedish, according to Swedes). At one point, I ate a Swedish donut. The Swedish word for donut is “donut”. It was essentially like an America donut, except it had pickled herring on it. No, actually, it was EXACTLY IDENTICAL to a donut with granulated sugar on it. I was so proud of America when I found that little piece of our exported culture, I almost sang “The Star-Spangled Banner” in line at the café. Instead, I bought the donut and ate it. You were all in my thoughts.

-MLJ 

PS->Don’t miss the first Wednesday donuts of the year. Be in the donut lounge at 10:00.  

No comments: