Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Svenska munk-sluknings fraser (Swedishdonut-eating phrases)

Hatfielders,

Since the Spanish-English donut email of last summer was pretty popular, I’ve decided to do the same thing for my own native language, Swedish. Here are a few choice phrases for the buying and enjoying of our favorite fried pastry. Be sure to use them the next time your travels take you to Scandinavia! And, don’t forget to come out to donuts tomorrow at 10:00!

 

Could you take the car and go buy some donuts?

Kan du ta pansarvagnen och gå ut och köpa en häst?

 

Yes, I can do that for you.

Ja, men först måste jag köpa motorsåg.

 

What do you think of the donuts I made (bought)?

Vad tycker du om köttbullarna jag har gjort (köpt)?

 

Thank you, they’re wonderful (terrible)!

Tack, dom smakar some stekt jord (råtgift)!

 

What kind of donut do you want?

Vilken sorts öl vill du ha?

 

I’ll take one of those with chocolate sprinkles.

Jag tar helst en Tuborg.

 

Would you like another donut?

Vill herr’n ha lite mera sill och potatis?

 

No thanks, but I will take some more coffee.

Nej fan, vi tar os en snaps i stället!

 

;-)

-MLJ

No comments: