Monday, October 13, 2014

I can't be funny every week: Wednesday Donuts

I can’t really come up with anything funny to write this week. With my postdoc here ending at the end of the year, I’ve been looking for my next opportunity. Sadly, it’s not going to be the permanent gig I’ve been hoping for, but I’m deciding between two different postdoc offers right now. I realize that it’s a wonderful problem to have, but it’s stressing me the heck out. How can you ever know what the right option is? Without a time machine, I mean. I’m naturally a worrier, so I can’t help but wonder if choosing one or the other will permanently torpedo my career. Stupid, maybe, but it does help me wake up nice and early in the morning. 2:30 or thereabouts…
Anyway, Wednesday Donuts. 10am LAP S185.
-MLJ


PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Kim Scherzer. Kim is a big reason that this department is a good place to work. She’s also been a steadfast supporter of Wednesday Donuts. I asked her to buy last week, but she didn’t have any cash. Then, money just appeared in my mailbox on Monday, with a note from Kim. Awesome.

No comments: