Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Last ever donuts!

… for me as a single guy.

That’s right: after this week, I’m off to get married to my sweetheart, Sarah.
After we’ve repeated after the officiant, eaten a few dozen horse deserves whore durves hors d’ oeuvres (and a cupcake or two), and built a couple of kayaks, I’ll be back here to munch donuts as a married guy. How will it be different?
1. I won’t be able to double fist donuts anymore. I don’t want frosting in my wedding band.
2. I’ll be able to eat A LOT more donuts. I’ll already have landed a girl, so I can let myself go.
3. My boring stories will be a lot more efficient. “My wife” is quicker to say than “my girlfriend”. Since I’ll still be desperate to prove that I’m cool, “my motorcycle” will still feature heavily, however.
4. Otherwise, it’ll be pretty much the same.

Be there: Wednesday, 10 am, LAP S185.
-MLJ


PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Dr. Chuck Wimpee. Chuck understands that science is a social pursuit, and is therefore a longstanding supporter of donuts. We’re lucky to have him in our department. Thanks, Chuck!

No comments: