Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Donut Freaks?

Hatfielders,
So, breaking somewhat with tradition, this is going to be a semi-serious donut email. I was described as a "donut freak" the other day by a colleague. I was annoyed, but since this is a family email series, I'm not going to talk about what it first made me think. I've thought about it since, though, and decided that I'm not weird for liking the donut Wednesdays. I'll share some of the things I like about our tradition. I'd also like to hear your reasons. Email them to me and I'll post them to the blog (donutemails.blogspot.com). Help me out.
-MLJ

Three things I like about Wednesday Donuts:
1. Donuts, of course
2. Something to look forward to mid-week
3. It was Marisa Litz's idea, Londi Tomaro makes the coffee, community members buy the donuts, and I get the credit as Hatfield's famous Donut Freak. ;-)

ps->Come out and have a donut tomorrow at 10:00.


Mattias Johansson
Marine Fisheries Genetics
Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station
Hatfield Marine Science Center
2030 SE Marine Science Drive
Newport, OR 97365
Phone: 541-867-0421
Fax: 541-867-0345
http://oregonstate.edu/~johansma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some of the replies:
-ummm.... how about supporting local businesses? :)
-....plus wouldn’t “Donut Freak” make some sort of great Halloween costume?
-And thanks for the humor!
-Perhaps, like electrons we should be satisfied that we can know where they are statistically without worring exactly about the holes.
-I like donut freaks. that's the short answer to why I like donut wednesdays).
-I missed this Wednesday’s Donut’s and am going through maple bar withdrawal.
1. I love maple bars.
2. I like getting up from the desk, walking to the staff Lounge and hence burning calories that I can them replenish with a maple bar.
3. I like schmoozing.
4. I like Mattias’s messages.
-Knowing that it is the one time, I'll be able to chat with an illusive scientist and not be calling them away from work and of course the donuts