Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Useful Spanish Phrases for the Donut-eating Traveller (with Guest Translator Norma Vazquez)

7/1/2008, 4:36 PM

Here are some useful phrases for when you're traveling in Central America and desperately need a donut.

Step 1: Finding Donuts
Can you direct me to the local donut shop?
Me puede diregir a la tienda mas cercana donde vendan donas?

Step 2: Negotiating a Purchase
How much is that donut?
Cuanto cuesta esa dona?

If I buy these three donuts, will you give me that fourth one for free?
Si compro estas tres donas, me das la quarta gratis?

Step 3: When Confronted by Bandits
You can have this donut when you pry it from my cold, dead hand.
Puedes tener esta dona cuando me la quites de mis manos frias y muertas.

-or-

Here's my money and gold watch. Please, just leave the donuts.
Aqui esta mi dinero y reloj de oro. Por favor nada mas deja las donas.

Join the HsO for a donut Wednesday morning at 10:00 in the Staff Lounge. BYO Mug and money.
Vengan por donas este Miercoles en la manana a las 10:00 en la Staff Lounge.
-MLJ
-assisted by NAV

Mattias Johansson
Marine Fisheries Genetics
Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station
Hatfield Marine Science Center
2030 SE Marine Science Drive
Newport, OR 97365
Phone: 541-867-0421
Fax: 541-867-0345
http://oregonstate.edu/~johansma

No comments: