Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I lived to come to donuts!

I went mountain biking with Filipe on Sunday, on the Milwaukee River Trail. It was pretty great, but at one point, as I was trying to negotiate a narrow curve between a tree on one side and eternity on the other, I found myself having to confront both. Trying to sneak too close to the tree, I banged my shoulder into it and ended up flying off the other side of the trail. As I vaulted four feet sideways and four feet down to land with a kersplash in the river, I thought of donuts and you, my beloved colleagues. To my surprise, I survived to crawl ashore. Lucky to be alive, I’ll be at Wednesday Donuts this morning, counting my blessings. I hope you’ll be there too. LAP S185. 10am.
-MLJ

PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Dr. Colin Scanes. In Dr. Scanes’ honor, I’ve composed a song of thanks, sung to the tune of O Tannenbaum:
Oh, Colin Scanes Oh, Colin Scanes
Your wallet held a twenty
Oh, Colin Scanes Oh, Colin Scanes
You’re generous in summertime
I put this line in ‘cause it rhymes
Oh, Colin Scanes Oh, Colin Scanes
I found you in your office
Oh, Colin Scanes Oh, Colin Scanes
Of all the Bio faculty
You seem the most British to me
Oh, Colin Scanes Oh, Colin Scanes

Your wallet held a twenty.

No comments: