Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Birthday Donuts

With my birthday coming up this week (it’s Thursday, and they have some fun cards at the bookstore, hint, hint), I’ve been thinking over the accumulated wisdom of my 36 long years on this Earth. Here are some gems I culled from the collection (i.e. made up just now):
1. Life is like a box of donuts. You can’t avoid getting greasy and sticky if you’re doing it right.
2. You can eat donuts and lose weight. Ask me how.
3. People tell you the most enjoyable things in life (donuts, motorcycles, mountain biking) will kill you, then waste their lives with a bag of chips and “Survivor”. Frankly, I’d rather go out the way my grandfather did: ramping his motorcycle over a big pile of mountain bikes and donuts.
4. No one ever came to Wednesday Donuts and regretted that they didn’t spend the time with their computer instead.
Wednesday Donuts, back in LAP S185. 10:00.
-MLJ

PS-> Donuts this week courtesy of Dr. John Berges. Dr. Berges is like a real-life most interesting man in the world. He’s from an exotic foreign country (Canada), he’s married to an exotic foreign beauty (from the Southern Hemisphere, no less), and he’s lived in a lot of exotic places (Wisconsin, Canada, Scandinavia). He’s also very generous with his exotic money (he supports donuts). Exotic.

No comments: