Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pre-Defense To Do List

Donut Heroes,
I’ve tentatively (firmly) scheduled my Dissertation Defense for Wednesday, June 9 at 10:00. Although I didn’t pick the day or time (it just fell out that way according to my committee member’s schedules), there is a beautiful symmetry in defending at Donut Hour, as it’s my claim to fame at Hatfield. Put it on your calendars now. I’ve been thinking over what I have left to do, and I’ve put together this to-do list (in order of priority):

1. Write 18 more donut emails
2. Eat 36 donuts
3. Genotype ~1500 rockfish larvae at ~5 microsatellites
4. Amplify/Sequence/Clone MHC genes from ~170 adult rockfish
5. Analyze
6. Write Chapter 3
7. Defend

After I accomplish all my goals, I’ll be Dr. Donut, and I’ll get an intern or a Master’s student to write the donut emails for me. Oh, what a glorious day that will be…
-MLJ

PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Matt Hawkyard. Thanks, Matt!