Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Donuts: Collaborative Catalyst

As most of you know, I’m heading into the final stretch of my PhD. So, as you can imagine, I’ve been working pretty hard lately. The long hours are certainly stressful (some of you have commented on this), but I really enjoy the sense of accomplishment that I get after a long day in the lab. I really enjoy what I do. I know most of you feel the same way. However, the best feeling (and one I’m not getting much of lately) is the joy of collaboration. The exchange of ideas, each of us teaching and learning, the tackling of bigger tasks than we could accomplish on our own… it’s a beautiful thing. That’s why you need to come to Wednesday Donuts. I can’t eat 36 donuts by myself. And, we can talk about science while we’re at it, between mouthfuls.

-MLJ

PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Dave Mellinger. Thanks, Dave!

No comments: