Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wednesdays are made for donuts.

As anyone who knows me knows, I’m a real creature of habit. I prefer a predictable life.
As a student, it used to be Monday: mountain bike, Tuesday: Rogue Brewery, Wednesday: Donuts, Thursday: mountain bike, Friday: Bier One, Saturday: mountain bike, Sunday: bath. Occasionally I would get work done.
Since there isn’t a forest behind my work anymore, and I hardly go to bars at all, things have changed a bit. There’s more gym days and less bar days, for one. One constant, though, is getting together with my work friends at Wednesday Donuts. It’s so nice to look forward to midweek instead of just the weekend.
You should try it. Even if you don’t want a donut, the weekly chat and coffee is great.
See you there!
Lap S185, 10am Wednesday.
-MLJ

PS->Donuts this week courtesy of Valeria Sitenkova. Val is a pretty, intelligent Russian woman. If my careful studies of James Bond films are any guide, that means that she’s a spy. There’s a distinct possibility that she’s sending microfilms of our students’ lab work to her handlers in the KGB, or whatever they’re called now…

The other possibility is that we’re just lucky to work with someone like Val, who is good at her job and generous with donut funds. Thanks, Val!

No comments: