Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Donut BASIC

Since I’ve been having to look for “volunteers” to buy donuts on a lot of recent Tuesdays, I’ve decided to simplify the task slightly by automating it. I’ve therefore written the following program in BASIC, which will perform the task for me. I haven’t quite figured out how to package it as a computer virus, but when I do, you’ll know. ;-) In the meantime, you’ll just have to install it on your Apple II GS or Commodore 128 yourself. Thanks! And, don’t forget to come to donuts tomorrow at 10:00.

10 INPUT “What is your name? “, U$
20 PRINT “Hello “; U$
30 INPUT “Would you like to buy donuts this week? “ A$
40 IF A$ = “Y” OR A$ = “y” THEN GOTO 70 ELSE GOTO 50
50 PRINT “If you do I’ll be your best friend forever ” U$
60 GOTO 30
70 PRINT “Thanks “; U$
80 PRINT “You rock!”
90 END

-MLJ

PS->Donuts are courtesy of Dann Cutter this week. Thanks, Dann!

No comments: