Friday, March 1, 2013

Heidi's First Donut Email!

Mattias left for Oregon this weekend, and will sadly be missing donuts on Wednesday. Even more sadly, I have been left all alone in the cold, dark basement. Being alone, with nobody to talk to, my mind started to wander back to happier days, when the sun was warm and I got to play with fish. I was thinking, “Boy, I sure do miss field work. Too bad I won’t be starting mine for another couple of months.” And then I remembered that I had to get donuts for this week, which is the only time I get to venture outside, because Mattias never lets me have any fun writing code is too much fun. That’s when a spark of genius hit me… Donut Population Genetics! I searched Web of Science, and there haven’t been any donut population genetic studies done, EVER! This is an unprecedented breakthrough!!!!!!!! I found a new thesis project! Kelps can wait! Donuts can’t! They get stale… or eaten….
-HLH

Donuts. Be there.

PS: Our gracious donut benefactor this week is none other than Biology department’s own version of Chuck Norris…. Dr. Jeff Karron! Jeff Karron doesn’t study evolution. Evolution studies Jeff Karron.

No comments: