Monday, December 21, 2009

Donuts and Thanksgiving

I realized yesterday, as I was thinking of a topic to write about for donuts this week, that there are some very clear parallels between our weekly donut meeting and Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday). We spend both in the company of people we care about, eating food that makes us feel slightly guilty. Afterwards, if we’ve overindulged, we may feel sleepy (or just slightly off). Finally, both are filled with good conversation and laughter, with wonderful people we wish we could spend more time with. As Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, I’m very thankful for the opportunity to work here at Hatfield, where I can get together with friends every week and take pleasure in food and good company. Thank you, Hatfield, for making this such a great community to work in.
-MLJ

PS->Donuts this week provided by Scott Heppell. Thanks, Scott!

No comments: