Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Embarrassing Donut Admission

Donut Friends,

I’ve got an embarrassing admission to make. During a moment of weakness on my fact-finding mission in upstate New York, I considered a career change.

It was the result of this sign:

Note the critical phrase “See inside to apply for a job that fits your life”. Luckily, Mara was there to remind me of the decade-and-a-half of post-high-school education I’ve got, so I didn’t put in an application. It was a near miss, though. Luckily, I’m safe back in Newport, continuing my scientific career and looking forward to donuts tomorrow.

Because of our annual tsunami drill, donuts will be delayed until after we all walk to the hillside (~10:30?). So, go for a walk in the rain while pretending to save your life, then come in for a warming cup of joe and a donut.

See you there!

-MLJ

No comments: