Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Legendary Donut

Friends,
For years, I have pursued rumors and legends from around the world that speak of mystical donuts that grant marvelous powers. In the ancient libraries of Europe, and in the deep memories of jungle shamen, these threads wind throughout stories and lore. At first, I was tempted to ignore these tales, so often told, but the presence of the same themes in stories from around the world was unavoidable. I have now tracked the stories to a remote village in central Thailand, where it is said that they make a donut from mysterious local herbs and rice flour which grants unsurpassed strength and virility to anyone who consumes it. My proposal to you, my longtime supporters, is that I make the long and arduous journey to find this village and sample its powerful donuts. My organization, the Hatfield Student Organization of Donut Explorers, will be taking donations soon to finance the trip. We will have an informational meeting Wednesday at 10:00 to detail the mission and hand out samples of local donuts. These local donuts, while not granting the level of power of the Thai Mystery Donut, have been shown to increase one's sense of well being. We would dearly appreciate your presence at our informational meeting and your support of our mission. Thank you for your attention.
-MLJ

No comments: